Although many people have the dream of losing weight, only a few make it. This can mainly be attributed to the fact that the successful follow a pattern and adhere to some rules and guidelines in order to make it. The steps outlines below are aimed at helping you with natural weight loss in a safe and sustainable manner. This may not be easy but the end results are worth working for.
5 Steps to Natural Weight Loss
- Self Assessment : Successful loss of weight involves changing your habits and ways of doing things. You therefore need to determine your current physical state and mindset before you can begin. Your mindset really counts in terms of how long you are going to stick with your natural weight loss plan and how the entire process will be. You need to have the courage to go ahead with the plan and this needs you to have the right attitude and mindset.
You also need to have a starting point. This is determined by taking various body measurements in a full body assessment. This includes:
- body weight
- body fat percentage
- body measurements
Having done this, you are now ready to move on to the next step in your natural weight loss plan.
- Set goals and reasons for losing weight : This will take quite some time but is definitely worth it in the end. Without proper goals and aims, we may lack the courage and determination necessary to accomplish our goals. The goals can either be process or outcome goals but in the end, you will have an idea of where you are headed and stay on track.
- Stick to a plan : This is very important as it helps you focus your energy towards getting the best results. With an awesome plan, it will be only a matter of time before you accomplish your goals. A plan is basically a guideline that you will follow.
- Take Action : This is the hardest part for most people. You should execute your plan as soon as possible and go at a manageable pace. In case you haven’t worked out for a while, you should start slow at first to make it easier on your body.
- Track progress : Keeping track of your progress will help you to note the improvements and compare efforts to the results that you are getting. You will also be more accountable for the decisions you make. Some of the metrics for progress include:
body fat percentage
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!