Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at
Diet foods do not have to be those that are not delicious. For one, they are very low in calories meaning that you can eat to your fill without the risk of gaining weight. They tend to fill up the stomach leaving less food for other foods which are dense in calories. When diet foods are prepared in certain ways, they tend to taste like an indulgence. This means that you will have fun eating them while staying safe at the same time.
6 Healthy Diet Foods
- Greens rich in vitamins : These are low in calories and very nutritious. Experts consider them to be the most nutritious foods on the planet. The greens are high in fiber and have lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You should limit the butter, cheese or bacon loaded up with the greens in order to keep them healthy.
- Salsa : This can be used as a replacement for sauces and dressings which have high calorie content. Is also helps burn up extra calories and makes us to eat at a slower pace. Salsa does not have saturated fats and has a wide mix of vitamins and minerals. You should however be careful what you eat with it as this can be the source of high calorie
- Plain yoghurt : Yoghurt has a high content of calcium and vitamin B’s. Plain yoghurt is preferred since refined yoghurt tends to have sugars which increase the calories. You can always buy plain yoghurt and spruce it up with your own ingredients such as granola or chocolate chips.
- Air popped popcorn : Popcorn is high in a vitamin B that is essential for cell development. However, you should resist the temptation to add butter to your popcorn and minimize the salting. Instead, you can add flavor to your popcorn by shaking on cayenne pepper.
- Grilled vegetables : Vegetables have more nutrients and vitamins than any other type of food. The golden rule is that the ones with richer colors have more nutrients inside. You can grill the vegetables and season them with salt, pepper, wine and herbs.
- Cucumbers : Although other fruits also have higher nutrition, cucumbers are rich in iron, potassium and vitamins C and A. instead of peeling it, you can wash it and eat together with the peel as most nutrients are located here.
In conclusion, the diet foods listed above are very good when dieting. It is important to take them in the right manner so as to make the most out of them.
Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at
If you have a difficult time maintaining weight with the regular kind of food, be it due to poor appetite or diarrhea, then it is highly recommended that you go on a liquid diet. This involves drinking your calories in combination with food. However, you should consult your doctor before going on a purely liquid diet. The purely liquid diet is anything that involves more than two meals. The following tips are very important when going on a liquid diet.
- Make it convenient : Making your own meals can really help you save lots of money. It can be more convenient to prepare a whole batch of liquid and save it up in the fridge for easy access and also saves you time in that you don’t have to prepare a meal each time. You can have the following easy to prepare recipe for a start. Simply blend milk with yoghurt, protein powder and a banana. If you are intolerant to lactose, you can use almond or soy milk instead of the ordinary milk. If you are unable to do this, you can always buy liquid meal replacements instead.
- Prepare in advance : You need to get your body ready for the liquid diet and this cannot be done right off the bat. You will have to undergo a vegetarian diet for some time before starting on the liquid diet. The vegetarian phase gets your body accustomed to digesting non-animal products and assimilating them easily. Shifting straight from a normal diet to the liquid diet is very dangerous as it will shock your system and this could have disastrous effects for you.
- Be consistent : Consistency and discipline is a very important part of the liquid diet. You need to follow a strict diet plan in which you stick to liquid foods only. You need to stick with the liquid diet plan for at least a couple of days in order to realize its effects.
- Do not break off too fast : Just like with starting the liquid diet, you should not end it at a moment’s notice. You need to transition from the liquid diet back to a normal diet smoothly. You can start by introducing a few light meals and observing the changes. Transitioning too fast is very dangerous and could undo the benefits of the liquid diet.
In conclusion, Tips for going on a liquid diet requires determination, the courage to go on and sheer will power. Although it may be difficult to start, the benefits that come with it are great.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 at
Belly fat is common in men and it is not a joking matter. In this article we look at the causes of abdominal fat, the risks posed to men’s health and steps that can be taken to shed off the extra weight. If you have some extra weight, then you are not alone. There are many others like you struggling with the same. The extra weight, especially belly fat can pose some serious health risks and this is where weight loss for men comes in handy.
Why Weight Loss for Men Matters
The problem with abdominal fat is that it is not just on the padding below the skin. Instead, it is also deep in the abdomen and around your internal organs. A huge percentage of belly fat in a man can seriously increase the risks of the following:
- Heart related diseases
- Colorectal cancer
- Sleep apnea
These are very serious conditions which should not be taken lightly. As a matter of fact, the health conditions listed above are very risky and can easily lead to death. Treating these conditions is also a very expensive endeavor requiring that the person be in hospital for months on end. Well, it is always said that prevention is better than cure and this is why weight loss for men is so important.
You may be asking yourself, does age and genetics have anything to do with gaining belly fat? Well, the weight of a person is on a huge part determined by the balance between the calorie intake and the ones that are burned during exercise. If you are eating a lot and barely exercising, you are very likely to increase some extra belly fat. Age has a role to play in adding belly fat because muscles are lost with increase in age. This is more so if you are not doing physical exercises in order to keep the muscles alive. Additionally, in some men the fat cells in their legs and arms gradually become unable to store fat causing extra fat to be redirected straight to the abdomen.
Genetics also have a role to play in gaining weight. It also determines where your body prefers to store its fat. Therefore, weight loss for men is very important in order to prevent weight related diseases which are very costly to treat. It is much better to spend a little time exercising and changing your diets than to spend a huge chunk of your hard earned cash on medical bills.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 at
Losing weight is a dream many people like to achieve in their lives. However, the way in which they approach this causes them not to achieve their purpose. Losing weight is not enough. You need to change your lifestyle in order to get the best results. In the following sections, we take 6 tips for effective weight loss designed to get you in shape in no time at all.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 at
Herbal weight loss is all about using herbal products for weight loss. There are a number of herbs that can help you to lose weight. Well, almost everyone wants to look and feel great. However, in cases that even the most difficult program doesn’t cut it, herbs can be of great help. Try out some of the listed herbs to have a great body and an amazing figure.
5 Herbs to Help with Weight Loss
- Green tea : This has antioxidants that help the body to burn off fats really fast. Combined with exercise, green tea can give you results in a really short period of time.
- Aloe Vera : This herd is recognized majorly for detoxifying treatments. Juices from the aloe Vera are highly encouraged to have in the diet as they really help improve the digestion and cleanse the entire body systems in a just a few days.
- Coconut Oil : This contains fats that do not stick to the body. This means that when you eat the coconut, you will feel satisfied without having to eat all the time. Using this in combination with some healthy additives will really help you lose weight and you will be seeing results in no time at all.
- Siberian Ginseng : This is highly recommended as a solution for weight loss due to its unique capability to stabilize the level of sugar in the blood. It also reduces the need to eat sugar and provides enough energy to work out and get into shape. The herb is different from the Panax ginseng and the American ginseng and much cheaper than both of these. Not only does it help in weight loss, but also boost the immune system and prevent colds.
- Red pepper : This is a herb that is famous for its ability to stimulate the need for water. As fluids are an important part of the diet, red pepper will cause you to drink lots of water which will keep you hydrated at all times and lose the extra weight easily. Red peppers are also bursting with vitamins A, C and K which support immune functions, strengthen the bones and protect cells from oxidative damage. They also provide a decent amount of fiber while reducing the risk of stomach ulcers.
In conclusion, herbal weight loss is possible and recommended for those who do not wish to exert themselves too much. With herbal weight loss, you will not only lose weight, but also gain more in terms of nutrition. Try it out for the best results.
Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 at
Losing weight is actually easier than keeping it off. Maintaining the new weight you get requires that you accept the new lifestyle and stay physically active. Some weight loss secrets that may help you on this journey are listed in the sections that follow. This will make the difference between successful lifestyle change and a complete flop.
- Have a Calorie-controlled Diet : Controlling the portions you eat and having food that has high amounts of water really helps you control calories. Limiting the variety of foods that you eat makes your diet easy and reduces the chances of overeating.
- Have a Consistent Eating Pattern : This is one of the main weight loss secrets for successful dieters. One should establish an eating routine leaving room for a treat once in a while. This will make it easier to follow the dieting plan and track your progress.
- Eat Frequently : People who have been successful at maintaining weight loss eat frequently. This can be several times during the day and has the huge benefit of controlling blood sugar and appetite management. Fluids should also be taken with the meals in order to take the edge off ones appetite.
- Start with Breakfast in the Morning : This is an essential part to losing weight. Some people skip this all important meal thinking that it helps but in the real sense it only makes matters worse causing them to gain even more weight. Weight loss secrets state very clearly that this meal should never be skipped at all costs. The breakfast does not have to be anything fancy. Even a bowl of whole grain cereals can do the trick and last for many hours.
- Exercise Daily : In order to maintain the lost weight, it is good to exercise on a daily basis in order to mobilize the fat. This can be in the form of simply walking during the day from place to place. Take every chance to walk as an opportunity to keep off the weight that was shed off.
- Track Progress : Weight loss secrets call for the constant measurement of weight in order to determine how one is progressing. In case the weight goes above a certain number, one can always step up their game and control their calorie intake.
- Limit Television Time : People who are conscious of weight loss secrets limit the time they spend watching TV. This for one will increase the time available on ones hand which can be used for exercise. On the other hand, reduced television time also cuts down the habit of munching on things while watching television.
So there we have them, 7 weight loss secrets from the successful losers who have made it and have been able to lose weight and maintain it.
Thursday, July 25th, 2013 at
Tired of sifting through tons of research on weight loss? Well, losing weight can be quite challenging but this does not mean that it is impossible. There are people who have been there and done that. The lessons they learnt on their journey can come in quite handy when you want to lose weight fast.
The following fast weight loss tips can really be of assistance when you wish to shed off some extra weight.
6 Fast Weight Loss Tips
- Put away the food scale : Controlling the size of your portions is not about measuring. You should instead opt for healthier decisions when buying food. When you make small changes to the kind of food you eat, you will tend to have better results at the end of the day as compared to someone who just takes the same food but in smaller portions.
- Have a stash of fruits handy : You should always have some fruits close by. This helps reduce the craving for other foods such as chocolate as it acts as an alternative. The fruits also help to keep the body hydrated and energized at all times.
- Shake chocolate : Try to have a shaker cup of chocolate protein powder with you. This will help during those hungry moments as you simply add water and the shake fills you up. This way, you don’t have to eat something with high calories instead.
- Set limits : You can have food served in smaller containers in order to reduce the possibilities of overeating. This way, your intake of food is limited to the size of the container and your servings are in fixed sizes.
- Brush after eating : In order to reduce the likelihood that you will eat again after you have already eaten, it is good to brush your teeth after you have eaten. This way, you do not eat too much hence reducing the probability of gaining extra weight.
- Have a ‘before’ photo to keep you motivated : The road to losing weight can be quite hard and sometimes we all need some motivation in order to move on. This is often in the form of a photo of how you used to look like before. This way, you will be able to see the progress that you have made and move on with confidence.
All in all, these are some fast weight loss tips that you can use on your brave journey towards fitness and a great body. Do not give up and you will notice the changes for yourself.
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at
Weight loss shakes are not only replacements for meals but a very easy way to lose weight. They condition your body to get satisfied with less food and lose weight in a quick and permanent way. They also boost the metabolism rate by a huge percentage and this is what most people want. When you are trying to lose weight, it is dangerous to skip breakfast. However, in the morning you may be way too busy to make healthy choices about your diet and the calories that you are taking with your breakfast. You may end up undoing the efforts you have put into losing weight. This why having weight loss shakes in the morning is very important.
There are much more benefits that come with weight loss shakes apart from providing the body with nutrients. These include:-
- Boost your body’s rate of metabolism
- Save lots of calories by avoiding fatty foods
- Keep the levels of sugar in your blood balanced thus giving your body the chance to burn off the excess fats
- Increase the energy levels in your body
You may be asking yourself why weight loss shakes work. The reason is quite simple. In simple terms, the loss of weight takes place when your body metabolism kicks in and you will lose more calories than you are taking in. this way, you lose weight and you will be smiling when measuring your weight.
Many people really love weight loss shakes. This is mainly because they can be made at home using simple recipes such as the one shown in the next section. This is a mocha madness that has an amazing taste.
The Mocha Madness Recipe
- Mix half a cup of cold water in a blender. This can be increased or reduced depending on your preferred consistency.
- Add two more scoops of chocolate flavored protein powder. This is rich in nutrients and provides the nutrients required by the body in order to kick start the metabolism and break down of fats in the body.
- Add a single table spoon of granulated instant coffee.
- Put in some few ice cubes in order to thicken the mixture.
- Turn on the blender on high for one minute in order to mix the ingredients together thoroughly. In cases
when you are in a hurry, you can mix the ingredients together with a spoon in a glass.
Your weight loss shake is now ready to be drunk. You can prepare it in a jiffy in the morning when you are in a hurry.
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at
Although many people have the dream of losing weight, only a few make it. This can mainly be attributed to the fact that the successful follow a pattern and adhere to some rules and guidelines in order to make it. The steps outlines below are aimed at helping you with natural weight loss in a safe and sustainable manner. This may not be easy but the end results are worth working for.
5 Steps to Natural Weight Loss
- Self Assessment : Successful loss of weight involves changing your habits and ways of doing things. You therefore need to determine your current physical state and mindset before you can begin. Your mindset really counts in terms of how long you are going to stick with your natural weight loss plan and how the entire process will be. You need to have the courage to go ahead with the plan and this needs you to have the right attitude and mindset.
You also need to have a starting point. This is determined by taking various body measurements in a full body assessment. This includes:
- body weight
- body fat percentage
- body measurements
Having done this, you are now ready to move on to the next step in your natural weight loss plan.
- Set goals and reasons for losing weight : This will take quite some time but is definitely worth it in the end. Without proper goals and aims, we may lack the courage and determination necessary to accomplish our goals. The goals can either be process or outcome goals but in the end, you will have an idea of where you are headed and stay on track.
- Stick to a plan : This is very important as it helps you focus your energy towards getting the best results. With an awesome plan, it will be only a matter of time before you accomplish your goals. A plan is basically a guideline that you will follow.
- Take Action : This is the hardest part for most people. You should execute your plan as soon as possible and go at a manageable pace. In case you haven’t worked out for a while, you should start slow at first to make it easier on your body.
- Track progress : Keeping track of your progress will help you to note the improvements and compare efforts to the results that you are getting. You will also be more accountable for the decisions you make. Some of the metrics for progress include:
body fat percentage
Wednesday, July 24th, 2013 at
Have you ever been curious about the liquid weight loss diet? Did you know that supplementing high calorie food with liquid health drinks is the best way to lose weight and provide your body with the required nutrients? You will not only reduce weight but also get rid of various toxins and contamination in the body.
The first element of your liquid diet weight loss should always be water. It is free of calories and a natural detoxifying agent and prevents dehydration. It is also free from caffeine and apart from assisting in weight loss; it also keeps the skin smooth and soft. With water in place, you will need a few more foods such as soups, juices, ice creams and so on. The secret to this kind of diet is to have minimal calories in the diet.
The best alternative to water for liquid diet weight loss is green tea. This not only provides you with anti-oxidants but also increases the rate of metabolism which increases weight loss. There are many variety of recipes for a liquid diet weight loss plan to get you started.
Recipes for a Liquid Diet Weight Loss Plan
- Broccoli Mushroom soup : This special soup provides you with Vitamins, high fiber and some anticancer properties. The mushrooms have low calories, potassium and vitamin B.
- Fruit Bowl Sorbet : This can be prepared from a combination of fruits, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and natural sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup. Using natural sugars cuts down the calorie intake and lets you indulge in dessert without having to feel guilty about adding weight. This is one liquid diet weight loss recipe that packs nutrients from fruits into one exciting package.
- Classic Gazpacho : This is the traditional Spanish cold soup. It is a very healthy alternative to any kind of meal as it contains vegetables and herbs such as thyme and oregano which can be added to the soup.
- Mixed Fruit Mock tail : This is a combination of a variety of juices with a hint of lemon juice. It maintains the body sugar level hence maintaining your diet regime.
- Masala lemon water : This is made up of water, lemon juice, sugar free tablets, chaat masala and ice. The lemon water prevents dehydration and provides you with antioxidants. This keeps your appetite in check and can also be used together with other liquids for a great liquid diet weight loss plan.
All in all, liquid diet weight loss plans are great for not only losing weight, but also detoxifying the body. With the above recipes, you are on a good start to the ultimate weight loss routine.